Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Do You Remember?

The year was 2001. Brittany Spears topped the charts, the latest Harry Potter book was on everyone's reading list, it was the first year of the Xbox, and gas prices were under $2! At times, 2001 feels like it was just yesterday, but 10 years have gone by... a lot has changed. Thankfully, Brittany is no longer topping the charts. Unfortunately, there are no Harry Potter book (or movie) releases to look forward to, and today it cost me $60 to fill up my gas tank. But there is still one very important constant in my life: my love for Hunter Crews. Ten years ago today, Hunter Crews asked me to be his girlfriend outside of Mr. Clyburn's room right before 1st period. When we were in high school we dreamed about our future together, marriage, a home, and children. Unrealistic, I know, right?  But our dreams have come  true. Ok, so puppy parents for now, all in good time people, all in good time.  We had our minor break ups, but they made our relationship what it is today. We are so incredibly blessed to have each other and the wonderful life that we have together, it is hard to believe that this picture was taken ten years ago:

A few years ago I heard Jack Johnson's song, "Do You Remember" and it made me think about what our life would be like together when we hit the 10 year mark. We are living that life. Great jobs, a new house, and our precious pup! The last 10 years have been the best, I am looking forward to the next 90 together. Yup, 90!


"I was crazy about you then and now
The craziest thing of all,
Over ten years have gone by
And you're still mine,
We're locked in time
Let's rewind..."







I love you, Hunter Crews!

No comments:

Post a Comment