Sunday, October 16, 2011

Good Golly, Miss Molly!

January 26, 2011 was a pretty awesome day in the Crews house. It was Wednesday, we both went to work like any other day. I was working late in my classroom that afternoon, when all of a sudden I heard lots of "Awwww" in the hallway. When I walked out of my classroom this is what I saw:


This sweet little pup was found abandoned on the side of the road in Pfafftown. One of my co-worker's daughter found her there in a paper bag! I knew she was going home with me, there was no way she was going to the pound. So I took this picture and sent it to Hunter. Then I called him and explained the situation, and he told me to bring her home. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty overwhelmed, I wrapped her in my northface fleece that luckily was in the car and off we went. She was scared at first, but soon she fell asleep in my arms all wrapped up and warm. 


 Hunter said from the moment he walked through the door when he got home from work, "DO NOT get attached to this dog." "We have to make sure she is healthy first." "No, you cannot name her." You see Hunter and I are planners, we plan everything, and most of the time far in advance. We plan our dinners for the week every Sunday, we had also planned out that we wouldn't get a dog until we bought a house. But I still wanted a little puppy so bad! The discussion that night on January 26 went something like this. Hunter continuing to tell me not to get attached, and in response I rambled off possible names for her... he knew that I didn't listen before he married me. The first night was rough, I was up with her on the hour, every hour. She just didn't like being locked up in the bathroom by herself. Going up and down the three flights of stairs from the apartment for potty breaks wasn't that much fun either. At 5am, Hunter got up for work and had the puppy with him, the first thing I see when I wake up is Hunter walking down the hallway saying "Come on, Molly" with the little pup following closely behind! Luckily, everything at the vet checked out ok, and Molly Crews joined our family!
Molly really is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment